The health benefits and detriments of Pokemon Go
Most of us have probably heard of the Pokemon Go craze that is taking the world by storm; claims of it helping get previously sedentary people outside, help reduce feelings of anxiety and social exclusion, and encouraging people to interact, whom may have otherwise never spoken a word.
However, stories are now emerging of people being taken advantage of by thieves, or injuring themselves due to lack of attention to their surroundings, with the opening screen now including a sign that encourages the player to take care, and pay attention.
With all this furore around the health benefits, and detriments related to playing this app, it does cause one to stop and think about their own health.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you finding time to get outside, and get a little sunlight?
- Have you had any tests done recently to confirm your good health?
- Do you make time for physical activity?
- Do you regularly follow a healthy way of eating?
- Have you been feeling alone, or disconnected?
- Have you been spending time with loved ones recently?
If you are unsure about the state of your health, or maybe you just want to dot the I’s and cross the T’s, it may be worthwhile participating in our Life First program.
Back to posts